At Tenstreet, we’ve helped a ton of clients realize big improvements in their operations through efficient and effective tools. We boost efficiency by doing more things with the same number of people and effectiveness by doing what gets more good drivers into orientation.
Many times, we’re able to do this with our existing technology, but over the years we’ve built a new functionality that solves problems in new ways. To put it another way, we’ve added a lot of specialized tools to our toolbox to help clients improve.
The Right Tools
Having a toolbox is only part of the solution. Finding the right tool can be a project of its own. One frustration we often hear from clients is that they don’t know about all the available tools or how they can improve their operations with the available tools.
So, we’ve organized all our automation tools into a toolbox. By adopting this toolbox, clients receive not only all the tools in the box, but the accumulated experience we have in how to best use those tools.
The following is a list of our most often used tools:
Workflow Processes That…
- Validate a checklist before proceeding (e.g. making sure a bus ticket is ordered before adding a driver to the hotel roster).
- Set one tag value based on another tag value (derive a field recruiter based on a trucking school tag).
- Reassign document categories (move an uploaded document from a “field” category to a “safety” category upon review).
- Adjust subject scoring after app submission (based on a safety review of an MVR, increase a good driver’s score).
- Update a read-only tag (set a “review required” tag or a “review completed” tag with only certain users able to execute the update process).
- Are triggered by a status change (upon a status change, automatically post a driver’s data to a downstream system).
- Trigger multiple events with a single event (run a process to enroll a driver in an onboarding course, notify the travel person and apply a tag for us by the operations department in planning equipment needs).
- Conduct complex application routing
- Conduct application re-assignments (if a subject has been in a certain status or has gone un-contacted for more than X hours, re-assign to a new recruiter, or if a subject is re-applying after more than Y days, pick a new recruiter at submission time).
Onboarding Workflows That…
- Conditionally execute workflow steps based on form contents (if more than 3 violations on an annual certification of violations, deliver an extra level of notification to safety and operations management).
- Schedule a training course based on form content, enroll the driver in another course (if the driver files a backing accident, automatically schedule him in a backing training course).
- Calculated or computed fields – fields that get their values from other fields – totals, etc. (a 7 day log that automatically totals the hours driven).
The Best Tools Working Behind the Scenes
Generally speaking, these tools operate on the back-end of the system where they run invisibly to keep your operation running smoothly (sort of like house elves at Hogwarts). Once they’re implemented, adopting them typically involves letting users know that the system will start taking care of more things automatically – the best type of implementation.
As always, we’re adding to this list as we build more automation capabilities into the system.
If you’re interested in making your recruiting process even faster or freeing up your recruiters so they can focus more on selling, we’d love to show you how we can help. Contact your advisor today