1. Omnitracs Outlook 2019 – Omnitracs User Conference – February 24-27 – Dallas, TX
2. The Work Truck Show – The Work Truck Show, Green Truck Summit, & Fleet Technical Congress – March 5-8 – Indianapolis, INFleet managers, truck dealers and equipment distributors attend The Work Truck Show each year because they say it helps them be more successful. The event’s professional educational sessions are designed to address their specific challenges, while the trade show floor is filled with products that boost productivity and efficiency. In 2019, for the first time, Green Truck Summit and Fleet Technical Congress will be joining forces with the Work Truck Show. As Doyle Sumrall, the Managing Director of the NTEA states, “This is an effort to improve the attendee experience by giving them the chance to customize their schedules and attend whichever sessions interest them the most. With FTC and GTS sessions running concurrently in rooms literally right next to each other, it will be easy for participants to move between sessions and engage in networking opportunities.” So what’s the difference? The Work Truck Show is North America’s largest work truck event and your once-a-year chance to see all of the newest industry products, The Green Truck Summit offers cutting-edge solutions at the forefront of technology, and The Fleet Technical Congress is an event where fleet managers can explore the latest technology solutions.
3. Truckload Carriers Association – 81st Annual Convention – March 10-13 – Las Vegas, NV
In its 81st year, Truckload Carriers Association‘s 2019 theme is The Future of Truckload, and this convention has become the premier networking and education event in the truckload industry. Geared toward for-hire carriers representing dry van, refrigerated, flatbed, and intermodal container carriers, industry suppliers, and individuals involved with truckload-specific operations, the 3½-day event provides face-to-face time for top industry executives to share ideas and develop new strategies for the future.
4. American Trucking Association – TMC Annual 2019 – March 18-21 – Atlanta, GA
5. Mid-American Trucking Show – MATS – March 28-30 – Louisville, KYMATS is where the industry comes together to see what’s happening in trucking. See the newest technology, learn from the experts, connect with peers, and more. Declared the largest annual heavy-duty trucking event in the world, this three-day conference will house over 1,000 exhibitors in 1,000,000 square feet of space and boasts over 71,000 attendees from 50 states and 61 countries. The 49th annual conference offers a unique combination of exhibit displays, hands-on demonstrations, networking opportunities, and events, and has been bred to be the largest, most diversified, and best-attended trucking show in North America. Top three reasons to attend? Seeing new products, staying up-to-date on changes and industry issues, and connecting with suppliers, distributors, and customers.
6. The National Private Truck Council – NPTC Annual Education Management Conference and Exhibition – April 14-16 – Cincinnati, OH
7. National Association of Fleet Administrators – NAFA 2019 Institute & Expo– April 15-17 – Louisville, KYNAFA is the world’s premier not-for-profit association for professionals who manage fleets of sedans, law enforcement vehicles, trucks, and buses of all types and sizes, and a wide range of military and off-road equipment for organizations across the globe. The Annual Institute & Expo is the largest gathering of fleet professionals and puts a strong focus on networking, touting attendees from all industry segments (of whom 4 out of 5 are decision makers with purchasing power). With over 250 exhibitors and 40 educational sessions that meet the latest fleet needs, the conference expects to draw more than 1,000 professionals from around the world. By attending, you’ll experience cutting-edge products, learn about strategies and solutions for today’s fleet’s concerns, and participate in professional development seminars.
8. Tenstreet – Tenstreet 3rd Annual User Conference – April 25-26 – Las Vegas, NV
9. Commercial Vehicle Training Association – CTVA Spring Conference
10. Iowa 80 Truckstop – Truckers Jamboree – July 11-13 – Walcott, IowaThe Truckers Jamboree is hosted every year at the Iowa 80 Truckstop, the largest truck shop in the United States, and is in its 40th year. Since its inception in 1979, the Truckers Jamboree has been celebrating America’s Truckers and is a great place to learn about trucking. Primarily an event for truckers, this event is also open to exhibitors and can be a great investment of resources for carriers looking to expand in their recruiting efforts. Last year, the Jamboree hosted 165 Exhibitors (47 of them recruiting-focused) in a 34,000 square foot exhibition hall. Total grounds? A whopping 474,000 square feet.
11. Great American Trucking Show – GATS – August 22-24 – Dallas, TX
12. PeopleNet and TMW – In.sight User Conference – September 15-18 – Houston, TXBoost your “Transportation IQ” to new levels. All about inspiring new and engaging thought to the future of the trucking industry, this conference (hosted by industry leaders) features hours of education across several different tracks and is the largest technology conference in the transportation industry. Loaded in in.sight, in.novation, in.spiration, and in.genuity, this user conference includes exhibitors, hands-on experience, insight speakers, and three days of interacting with some of the brightest minds in the field.
13. Commercial Vehicle Safety Alliance – CVSA Annual Conference and Exhibition – September 22-26 – Biloxi, MSThe Alliance ’s premier meeting, the CVSA Annual Conference and Exhibition, provides the opportunity for government officials, enforcement and industry to gather together to affect meaningful changes to the overall culture of transportation safety throughout Canada, Mexico and the United States. This annual event includes roll-up-your-sleeves meetings of CVSA’s membership, elected leadership, technical working committees, program committees and task forces. The benefits of the face-to-face interactions are priceless. Participants get down to business, discuss, examine, analyze and make tremendous strides in furthering CVSA’s mission.
14. Women in Trucking – Accelerate! Conference and Expo – Sept 30-Oct 2 – Dallas, TXThis unique event brings trucking companies, retailers, truck driving schools, and financial, insurance, health & fitness services together, and hosts over 30 educational sessions focused on the positive impact of gender diversity. Expand your network, find solutions, and build a better business in this intimate, integrated conference and exhibition setting.
15. American Trucking Association – Management Conference & Exhibition – Oct 5-9 – San Diego, CA
16. National Association of Small Trucking Companies – NASTC Annual Conference – Oct 31-Nov 1 – Nashville, TN
17. The American Trucking Association – ATA Safety Management Council (SMC) and Transportation Security Council (TSC) Safety, Security & Human Resources National Conference & Exhibition – Typically in NovemberSSHRNCE Annual Conference relates to 2018 news and agenda. The dates have not yet been announced, but we will update this blog when the information becomes available.
Far from exhaustive, this list of popular conferences that exclusively serve the trucking industry’s 8.9 million people will no doubt provide some guidance when planning your 2019 conference year. Thought if we’ve overlooked one that you especially enjoy and believe should be on this list, please let us know in the comments below so we can include it. We look forward to seeing you at these events and many more throughout 2019! If you’re looking to connect, please reach out to us! We’d love the chance to meet.