As a safety manager, one of the most challenging aspects of your job is keeping up with the paperwork and various systems in place that are necessary to stay on top of issues. When an event happens, you start running – you’re working with the driver, waiting for them to send pictures and police reports; you’re manually logging the information from the CSA site, logging into your telematics platform; you’re going back through driver files, pouring through boxes of paper driver files to review previous accidents, incidents, and violations and checking for any proof of trainings the driver has had previously.
Suffering from disconnected, disparate systems and system-switching fatigue – all while your hair is on fire – causes you and your team to experience delays, errors, missing information, and mass confusion. When your job is to stay ahead of all things safety, the disconnected, silo-ed approach is not the way to go.
You want a better solution, a one-stop shop for accessing all of your driver-related data and forms to help you gain a holistic view of the history of each driver in your fleet. You need one system that allows you to gather necessary information, evaluate an incident, act in an efficient manner, and close the loop on any aspect of a safety-related event. Streamlining your efforts would allow you to move your focus to building safety strategies – like creating a training and coaching program at your carrier, instead of just keeping up with new issues as they arise.
You don’t want to just handle safety issues when they happen. You want to create a culture of safety – increasing your carrier’s profitability through decreased litigation costs, lowered insurance costs, and fewer incidents per mile. You need a way to connect everything together so you can get away from incompatible systems and broken processes that don’t tell the whole story.
UPDATE: New Safety Management Functionality Launched!
Tenstreet is always focused on improving its services. We are consistently adding new features to Safety Management to better help you and your carrier develop a culture of safety.
Our latest development release showcases these helpful additions:
- CLAIMS MANAGEMENT – maintain compliance, manage risk, and enrich record quality with the ability to capture over 50 different event data points – including road condition, weather, and road type – so your team can see the full story behind any accident, incident, or violation. This new tool helps you improve documentation and syncs with CSA and Telematics data to help you resolve claims with greater ease.
- EQUIPMENT TRACKING – track your equipment in the same place you manage your drivers! Our software will decode your VIN numbers to auto-populate fields such as year, make, model, engine size, country of origin, and allow you to assign drivers, attach and manage missing and expired equipment-related files, apply tags, sync with related CSA and telematics data, and add notes to capture the full story of each asset.
- EQUIPMENT FILES MANAGEMENT – just like files are required for your drivers, your trucks also need up-to-date documentation. Our software alerts you when critical documents such as insurance, inspections, and 2290s are missing or expired to help you better manage your trucks.
Tenstreet’s Safety Management Service
Tenstreet has always offered safety tools, but our improved automated solution brings together all of the features you need in one easy and convenient platform. Tenstreet’s Safety Management has been re-engineered to be a one-stop, interconnected safety solution that will help you gain control over your safety management practices. You can think of this tool’s functionalities as falling under four different phases of interaction:
GATHER data on driver safety using telematics integrations, CSA, Xpress accident and incident entry, and the Driver Pulse app – which provides drivers with an easy path to upload police reports, share pictures of accidents, and add notes. All your relevant safety data is now in one place.
EVALUATE your information about events and incidents with the added context of a driver’s full history, letting you consider already accrued points, the state of their DQF, how many accidents they had when they applied, training completed, and more when making decisions about how to respond.
ACT on the facts by enrolling drivers in remedial training, documenting a coaching conversation, assigning points to an event, notifying other employees at your company, and more – all within the same workflow where you’re looking at your data. Just as in the gather stage, Driver Pulse can be leveraged here to make taking training classes and quizzes a cinch for drivers. It helps carriers automatically assign corrective training based on the infraction received, conduct virtual coaching, and communicate via in-app video and messaging. It connects drivers to Tenstreet’s complete training and testing library, which is free and open for drivers to take as many classes as they wish.
CLOSE THE LOOP on an incident once all the steps are completed by managing late-stage CSA data, filing police report documentation, tracking repair estimates, and more.
How Safety Management Helps You Manage the Entire Driver Lifecycle
When you implement Tenstreet’s Safety Management, you unleash the full power of Tenstreet. Safety managers can build and customize a powerful, cross-functional safety service that fits their specific business needs and links to data collected in recruiting and onboarding.
You’ll enjoy a high-level overview of each event. Accidents, incidents, violations, CSA data, DQF files (showing which are missing, expired, or compliant), assigned trainings, an activity thread and communications history, along with data received in recruiting and onboarding, and other at-a-glance details will help tell the story of your drivers. Each event is mapped to corresponding telematics data, driver documents (e.g. police reports, medical evaluations, safety reports, and photos), notes, equipment, past events, previous training, and more – bringing everything into one system for easy and consistent handling.
Syncing with Telematics
Every dashcam event is unexpected and different, but the way you handle these events doesn’t have to be. Integrations with popular telematics partners – such as Samsara, Lytx, Keep Truckin’, and Geotab – place ELD-triggered dashcam events directly in your dashboard, allowing you to run automated processes and assign training based on the infraction received to reach higher levels of compliance.
What Else Can Safety Management Do?
- Enjoy interactive, drill-down sections that allow for the easy reviewing of event-related CSA, ELD-triggered dash-cam events, documents, communication, and notes activity
- Seamlessly connect to your in-house accident registry and points management systems, helping create a natural path to meaningful retention and remediation decisions
- Feel safe knowing all your digital files are encrypted, ensuring confidentiality of sensitive information through the following of strict privacy standards
With these features and more, carriers can finally have the dependable, holistic safety solution they need that helps them connect the dots and doesn’t just keep them running from issue to issue. Break through the endless cycle of paperwork and countless logins and let our Safety Management solution show you the value of interconnectivity.
Let us show you a Safety Management demo tailored to the way you do business!
Still looking to learn more?